Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:26:55 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Toasted my engine or transmission?
Comments: To: Ed Lloyd <elloyd33@COMCAST.NET>

No need to worry. The Vanagon ECU will cut off the injectors when it over-revs (BTDT, thought I'd killed it). I have to climb hills at 45 mph @ 4500 in second all the time with my auto, that's just life here in the hilly NW. Also, as long as your transmission fluid is still nice and red, you didn’t burn it up.

Maybe our tachs are off, since you were doing nearly 20 mph faster at the same rpm! Didn't you have to go up this hill in second as well? Oh wait, it's the speedo! I use my GPS for speed, my speedo reads over 10% high, and so does yours. It must be a VW false advertising trick since the odo is right on. My '84 did the same thing.

Forget about it.

Stuart '85 Westy