Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:00:01 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: What dumb thing do you repeatedly do with your Vanagon?
Comments: To: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>

---- Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > There may be one for fireplace pokers.  Found a good one on an early camping trip with our Westy and used it for many happy campfires but left it in PA during the last trip of the season one year (at the park with the really cute rangerette, near Scranton).  Have since stocked up at yard sales but have not needed the extras. Yet.

My current fire poker/Dutch oven lifter is one I found at a remote camp site in Great Basin National Park in Nevada. Since then, it has poked fires in 24 states and lifted Dutch ovens in most of those. I hope the previous user has something he likes as well, and that his cost was the same as mine. This one appears to be adapted from a tool originally meant for another purpose. It has two insulating rings of a rubber like material along the shaft. mcneely