Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:57:34 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Which automatic transaxle (A/T) has the best chance of life
Comments: To: "aka.bugle" <aka.bugle@GMAIL.COM>

If the tranny is not leaking and it is now working properly leave it be. Do check the top breathers and make sure they are not blocked with road crud. Unless you are looking to do a rebuild but it is leaking find where it is leaking and depending on location just fix that leak. Black grit could be burned clutch material or stuff that washed out of the torque converter after the tranny swap.

Dennis