Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:22:12 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Center Bore size for Vanagon Wheels
Comments: To: Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@frontier.com>

71 Bus as compared to a Vanagon changes some of the rules. You also have limited wheel space at the rear fenders. Capacity is not as much of an issue due to the Bus being lighter but still needs to be considered. Back in my bus days the 205/75-14 was a preferred size for me. With the lowered suspension things can get tight. I would start with the 16's as there are many more low profile choices available. The Audi wheels may fit on the rear as is so start there and then determine a tire size. I'm thinking a 215/60-16.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Jonce Fancher [mailto:streetbugs@frontier.com] Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:49 AM To: Dennis Haynes; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Center Bore size for Vanagon Wheels

Hi Dennis Reason I ask is for one of the sets Audi 16" or VW 15" will go on my 71 Bay bus that is Lowered. I have a whole different set of rules to play by on this set up. Not looking for tall, More on the Low side of the world.

Thanks Jonce