Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2012 23:34:49 -0700
From:         Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Re-Visiting Electric Vehicle talk - event on Sunday.
Comments: To: Fel Paj <felpaj@GMAIL.COM>

I saw the plug in station at the north bound rest area, I think the first or second one in the state on I-5. I had to walk over & read the sign. Planning a trip to Portland? How far will it go on a 'full tank' at 65 mph?

Rob vwrobb@gmail.com

At 9/21/2012 10:10 PM,Fel Paj wrote: >National Plug In Day (#NPID2012) is coming to a city near you. > >in 30 days of having our 100% Electric LEAF: we've driven 1,240 >miles, using 313.8 kWh for a cost of $28.24 -- my vanagon has been >giving the "recreation" designation, now that we've added this >electric car to the stable. my wife daily drives it for work, at >least 40 miles/day. mostly I-5, since it comfortably travels 65mph+ >on the freeway (contrary to popular belief.) An overnight charge and >she's got a "full tank" the next morning, bot having to worry about >running out of gas. Nissan is claiming 1million electric miles >driven via the LEAF. I'm planning a trip to PDX in the next few >months, along the electric highway, using multiple DC Quick Chargers >spread along I-5 ... just trying respond to some of the myths >floating around about usability of these new tech vehicles. >... > >some of you may be interested in checking out this event: >At Seattle Center on Sunday, I'll be joining 28 other LEAF owners, a >possible brand new Tesla Model S (7-seater, 4-door luxury sedan), a >Tesla Roadster, Toyota RAV4EV, among other electrics and >electric-hybrids. a few conversion projects as well. >http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=67935 > >Events happening NATION WIDE ... 62 different cities. Washington >also gets a second event at Snoqualmie Falls Park and it sounds like >some owners are giving rides and possible test drives > >cheers, happy motoring- >Fel >'91 Vanagon Carat | '07 3.6L 4Motion Passat | '12 Nissan LEAF