Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:44:06 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: bottom alternator bolt on 91 Westy
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@gmail.com>

You can also put a box wrench on the front nut, and a long extension and stubby ratchet on the bolt, with the ratchet ending up near the transmission. You can remove it that way.

My favorite way is to put a box wrench on the back (doesn't need to be curved) and a ratcheting box wrench on the front. No problem at all. You might have to drift out the long bolt, but that should be no big problem either. No need to remove anything else.

Jim