Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:34:30 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Darn idle, stalling, running rich...
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

I didn't know enough about how the O2 sensor works to know that. Thanks!

You use a different thermostat in the summer and winter? I've never heard of that . . . So, the concept here is that the 87 C t-stat will allow the engine to warm up to operating temp more quickly, right? That would be helpful... Knock on wood, but I've NEVER had an over-heating problem with my van. I've had NUMEROUS cooling system failures, mind you . . .

Ordering a new t-stat and Temp II sensor now...

I don't know if there's a different procedure now, but back when I have a Ford truck with a 4-barrel carb, I would spray cleaning fluid or ether on the vacuum hoses to test them for leaks. This didn't have any effect on the van, nor did spraying any of the air intake parts. So either this doesn't work or I don't have a vacuum or air leak.

Still have to complete the ground check per the BTDT page . . .

Thanks for your good advice!! Marc