Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:12:48 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Update: Re: Darn idle, stalling, running rich...
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <mcperdue@gmail.com>

I'll have to check that BTDT FAQ article. Thanks. Have looked at BTDT site before but didn't know of that article.

If you look along the bottom of the Bentley wiring diagram pages, you'll see circled numbers where ground wires connect. There's a list of these numbers in the index page before diagram pages.

In the Westy, the main ground for the ECU is in a somewhat stupid place: at driver side end of rear seat box, ~ 1-2" away from the box end hidden by the water tank cabinet. Before removing the Westy cabinets, I moved that ground to a spot in rear seat area, close to ECU. Ironically, FWIW, cabinets out, I can now see that this ground on my '88 *looks* ok. i.e. it was probably fine. Still. No regrets moving that ground.

Neil.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Marc Perdue <mcperdue@gmail.com> wrote:

Haven't gotten the Temp II sensor or thermostat yet, but started working on > the FAQ from Ron Austin on BTDT. >

> So, what is the gauge of the normal ground wires in an '87 Westy (auto, if > it makes a diff.)? And where are they? I'm planning on working on replacing > all the ends of the ground wires and cleaning up the battery cables in the > next couple of days . . . > > > Marc > > On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Marc Perdue <mcperdue@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Still have to complete the ground check per the BTDT page . . . >

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines