Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Oct 2012 13:58:30 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C tranny in my na diesel!
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>

Anytime an increase in throttle does not result in an increase in speed or the engine is losing speed with significant throttle it is being lugged. And this happens at any RPM. If you going up a hill and losing speed you are lugging the engine. How far down your foot is determines how much.

Dennis

From: ralph meyermann [mailto:ralphmeyermann@gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:47 AM To: Dennis Haynes Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: RE: A/C tranny in my na diesel!

At 3k rpm@ 60 mph is not considered lugging and I don't drive with the foot to the floor at lower rpm as well. I also don't lug the engine elsewhere in any of the gears unless in first gear starting from a stop!

Velma 82diesel 1.6 na westy