Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:05:11 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frydae - EMP Proofing A Vanagon
Comments: To: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>

A EMP pulse is a strong enough to overcome most faraday cages. The metal in the cage can't conduct enough current to substantially reduce the magnetic field.

Thanks, Tom Hargrave www.stir-plate.com www.towercooler.com www.kegkits.com www.grow-sun.com

Aren't they intertwined? That's why you can put a loop around a wire and determine if it's live. Current produces magnetism.

I think what he wants is a Faraday cage. Easier to apply to the outside of the van in a net-like fashion and when not moving. This is how a microwave keeps us from being baked while we watch our food. It's quite possible I totally misunderstood emp through!

Cheers, Harry