Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:41:16 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: An antidote to any early-winter blahs you might have
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

Looks more like Utah to me.

I like that Vanagon route through Lakeville to that junction .. then turn right to go down to Winnemuca on I-80.

If I'm going to Zion or North Rim of the Grand Canyon ...or NM .. I only goon I-80 for about 35 miles or so ..then pick up ..forget the hwy #... the road that goes diagonally across Nevada to near St. George.. then I only do 20 miles on that interstate and turn into Zion ..coming out the south side straight north of North Rim.

I can drive from here in So. Oregon clear to Taos NM and only be on intestates twice, for a total of about 40minutes. Gorgeous vanagon country - all that territory !

it's super empty east of Lakeville all right. And coldthis time of year.

On 11/10/2012 9:29 PM, Don Hanson wrote: > So where is that other pic on Rocky's link...., the syncro 'camp' > in the high desert? I am betting it's somewhere out east of > Lakeveiw, Or....on the way to Denio Junction or something. I like > that kinda country...certainly not everyone's 'promised land' but > man! I bet there are a million stars out there at night.... > > > On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans > <scottdaniel@turbovans.com <mailto:scottdaniel@turbovans.com>> wrote: > > Hi Vern .. > yeah, I have that exact shot myself .. > there's only one small parking lot. > if you are shooting south from the oobservation thing or the parking > lot, that's the view you get. > Can't say I've climbed North Sister though. > > scott > www.turbovans.com <http://www.turbovans.com> > > > On 11/10/2012 5:51 PM, Vern in Bend wrote: > > I know, I know! > > and yes, the McKenzie Pass is closed already. > > Regards, Vern > > You know where that Bus picture on the top of this site > was taken..right > Jack ? > > Ya can't drive there right now I don't think. > Certainly the coolest road over the Cascades. > > Thinkin' about a desert Vanagon trip this winter ? > > On 11/10/2012 8:07 AM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > > <http://www.bigbluevw.com/2012/11/blog-post.html> > > It has Vanagon content. > -- > Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott > 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, > Bend, Ore. > > > >