Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:53:43 -0800
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: won't start
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

Your intermittent symptoms (no start, no nothing when hot---all magically fixed the next morning when cold) sound identical to mine (85 manual).  It was the starter solenoid.  If it happens again, list wisdom says to whack the starter with a big wrench or piece of wood or rock or something to unstick things inside the solenoid for a temporary fix.

Rich San Diego