Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 2012 19:23:15 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: LED Tail Lights
Comments: To: Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

hi .. I didn't buy mine actually..I acquired them buying a vanagon. Not brake light bulbs though ...so far I just have LED tail lights. I don't let anyone get near me behind me anyway, ever. I have to shake people off frequently ...mostly when I am driving in one lane on a two lane in each direction road or freeway and people just cruise up tome ( mostly empty highway ) and 'lock on'. They love to do that in California. Extremely dumb drivers that way.

I have long said .....if someone gets rear-ended .. it's not 100 % the fault of the car that hits the one in front .. it's often due to the car in front allowing it to happen , or better said - not taking action to anticipate and prevent it.

I see Jason posted a link .. the ones in his link don't look like mine quite .. mine have red LED's for a single filament tail light bulb..and they LED's are in a dome, not flat as in the picture in Jason's link. thought it is interesting they call it a 'tail Stop Light Bulb Lamp' .. stop light bulb lamp ...right.

Hey ..I need some new bulb lamps.

People like vanagons and they like to get close to them. I noticed that immediately when I started driving one. Heck ..a lot of people think it's 'good' to be close to other cars - many accidents are due to that factor. I don't perceive that many driver's see the value of staying as far *away* from all other vehicles in every direction as possible. Also ..those people that run into the car in front of them .. betcha ...a huge factor is them just watching the picture immediately in front of them .. like say 2 or 3 cars. It's far safer to 'driver your own race' ..not just follow along ..and watch the ENTIRE picture as far as you can see. *all* ..virtually all accidents are preventable ..as some point in the process.. from designing the car, to the building of it, to the driving of it...and highway factors too. The only car accident that I can really think of that is not humanly preventable is a meteor falling out of the sky.

anyway .. here's to better rear lighting ! scott

On 11/8/2012 12:50 PM, Courtney Hook wrote: > Scott, do you remember where you got them? There are a bazillion > sellers out > there, especially on Ebay. Any recommendations? > thanks > Courtney > > > > > ========I'm thankful to all those who said "no". Because of them I did it > myself.======== > -----Original Message----- > From: Scott Daniel - Turbovans > Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:29 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: LED Tail Lights > > I have 'ordinary' LED 12 volt tail light bulbs in my good Vanagon. > > They are just like a regular bulb, except they have a cluster of about > 12 small leds where the normal globe was. > They work just great. > > I am sure the same is available for a single filament bright bulb like > you want for your brake lights. > > You might want an LED high-mounted 3rd BrakeLight ...ifyou want more and > better brake lights. > just google 'LED tail light bulbs' or something similar. > They have been available for a good while, well over 5 years by now I'd > think. > > scott > > > On 11/8/2012 11:00 AM, JRodgers wrote: >> As of late, I have noticed on late model cars that on the brake lights >> there are rows of bright red lights - rows of 8 down to rows of 4 on >> some vehicles or a combination thereof. Upon stopping the lights go VERY >> bright. They appear to me to be LED lights in rows to give good stopping >> warnings. Don't know if it's increased voltage that drives their getting >> brighter. Has anyone knowledge of this - and is there any who have or >> are working on that kind of light for a Vanagon? >> >> Thanks, >> >> John Rodgers >> >