Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:03:14 -0500
From:         Pat <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 strange running before and after head gasket repair
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

If you checked all the usual suspects like the temp sensor, AFM and o2, then maybe look at the fuel pressure reg. some, if not all, cars have a vacuum line on the FPR. If the diaphragm in the FPR ruptures the engine vacuum will suck raw gas into the intake. Don't know how common this is on vanagons, but it's easy to check by pulling the vac line on the FPR and looking for fuel leakage.

Also be nice to watch the resistance of the temp sensor when the stumbling starts.