Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:53:08 -0800
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: busdepot
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

Hey Ron, can you tell me how to find the cable that operates the footwell air flaps on an '84? I took a look today and wasn't able to drill down to a specific part.

And by "tell me how," I mean describe the most effective steps to take to find this item? Because it wasn't clear to me.*

============== * I probably

-- Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, Bend, Ore.

On 11/13/2012 05:48 AM, The Bus Depot wrote: >> The new website sucks. Can't search >> anything or find things. It takes longer too. > >> I love it. > > > This seems typical of the responses I've been getting - some people like the > site more, some less. > > If you haven't been there lately you might have missed a lot of > improvements. There are incremental changes occurring almost daily, so you > may find the site a little easier to use each time you visit. Just this week > alone we made reduced average search times from an unacceptable 15 seconds > down to 5 seconds. (Still tweaking the code and shooting for 3 seconds.) We > also improved the left navigation pane so you can more easily filter your > results by department. (Still working on further tweaks there too.) > > The biggest challenge has been getting all the cataloging right. We have > merged product catalogs from over 20 different sources. The result is the > single largest Vanagon parts catalog on the internet, bar none. But the > challenge is that each database uses different categories. (For example, one > may put a brake pad in Wheel>Front>Brake, another in >> Brakes>Mechanical>Pads, and so on.) As we continue to merge all this data > into one cohesive listing, there may be parts in wrong categories or > uncategorized, or two similar categories that have not yet been merged. > We're working on this literally daily. My suggestion is that if you're > looking for a specific item, instead of browsing for it try selecting your > vehicle and then searching by keyword (either from the Search tab on the > main page, or the Search box at the upper right). Personally I find it much > easier to search by keyword and then use the left navigation pane to narrow > down the results, rather than browsing. > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com > (215) 234-VWVW > > _____________________________________________ > Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT