Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:43:13 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>
Subject:      Re: map light: now Maps
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Each has its place. Two advantages (to me, anyway) to the GPS: if I take an unexpected exit in a city I'm not familiar with, I'm practically guaranteed easy return to my planned route; at sixty years, I don't have a prayer of reading the fine print on maps without good light and readers - not conducive to safe driving. OTOH, maps will tell you what you might miss if you drive with blinders on. Another thing: I suspect that by relying solely on GPS for nav, one loses the ability to glean info from folded pieces of paper, just like not being able to remember phone numbers any more due to the use of autodial phones.

Karl Wolz Sent from my electronic umbilicus