Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2012 21:43:23 -0700
From:         Richard A Jones <Jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Enforcers

On 11/9/2012 2:58 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote: > My guess is that people with personality and control = > disorders > are everywhere. I just try to not be one of them.

Reminds my of my favorite Bob Hoover "sermon"--which I can't find right now and think isn't on the CD. Maybe it is lost, or over on the type2 list. Maybe someone has it(?)

Anyway, he kept some pimply kid in a muscle car from cutting in front of him to get to the left turn lane. He remarked that is was probably the first time that kid had ever realized the need to plan ahead in his whole life....

I dislike driving in the USofA, except the scenery is so great-- see "the Syncro Bros and a friend go to Comb Ridge" as the top link at http://jones.colorado.edu

I love to drive in Europe. The difference: here driving is a "right" while over there driving is a "skill." Over there every 18 year old FAILS the driving test the first time, maybe more. When they pass, they have an "L" on the front of their car for a year. They know how to drive. Everybody does, which makes things work. You can expect that other drivers KNOW the same rules that you do. This is true even in Italy. ;-)

Over here, where driving is a "right"--the solution to any problem is (1) more laws, (b) more signs, but NEVER (c) expecting drivers to do better, learn something new, improve, etc.

Richard