Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:05:19 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Large parts transport from SF to SoCal to SF available
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

That's cool! I continue to be amazed at all the goodies available for our Vanagons.

Stuart

-----Original Message----- From: mark drillock [mailto:mdrillock@cox.net] Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:23 AM To: Stuart MacMillan Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Large parts transport from SF to SoCal to SF available

Years ago there were side tanks available from South Africa. The tanks fit between the frame rail and the side of the van, on either side underneath. These were stainless steel and could be used for either fuel or water, 10+ gallons. Recently a guy in South Africa started making them again as well as some slightly different ones for people who want more capacity and a more practical shape. There was a group buy kind of deal on the Syncro list several months ago. The guy has access to some ship containers that come to the US with other stuff in them but with some room left for these to go as well to economize on shipping costs. Since they arrived in a container meant for another business separate arrangements need to be made to pick them up and that is what is happening here. I don't know if the guy is still taking orders or not. I got mine!

Mark

Stuart MacMillan wrote: > What is an SA tank? I've heard of SA grills which I assume are for > BBQ, but this is a new one. > > Inquiring minds want to know. > > Stuart > '85 Westy