Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:24:54 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: IPike Tires
Comments: To: John Reynolds <transporterjr@YAHOO.COM>

They look good to me .. particularly if they are vanagon or Eurovan rated load wise. Price ain't bad either.

Your vanagon sure better handle a lot better going from 14's to 16's with these tires.

I'm a little funny about the term 'high performance snow tire'.. especially the 'snow tire' part.

a snow tire would not be the same as a modern Studless Winter tire I wouldn't think. The set of Blizzacks I used on my turbo volvo sedan were just awesome when new, on packed show and ice.

Thesetires still look worth trying out to me. What's the max load at what cold max tire pressure on them ?

scott

On 11/19/2012 7:50 PM, John Reynolds wrote: > Anyone running i-Pike tires (16") on their Vanagon? Specifically year roundsee http://www.busdepot.com/ipike16 > I've got a set on my mini-van in the size Bus Depot sells for the Van. Since, I'm selling the mini-van, the present Vanagon tires are getting pretty old, I have 16: rims already AND I have a kid in college, I was thinking saving cash and running these tires. > No I wouldn't typically run a snow tire year round, but I'm thinking this isn't so different as running BFG AT"s either. I only use the van a few thousand miles a year. I actually ran them on the mini-van all this year. My take was somewhat less traction in wet conditions. Handling was not too much different from the summer tires. I'm thinking on the Vangon switching from the 14's to these in 16's, I might not notice any difference in handling.JR >