Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:46:43 -0600
From:         Jarrett Kupcinski <kupcinski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New transaxle options

I can put another recommendation for Daryl. Having just completed a Bostig (and since he's got a Bostig install himself), I asked him his advice on custom gearings. He talked me OUT of putting in a taller 3rd or 4th, despite the fact that it would have been extra money in his pocket. He shipped down a stock transmission and it arrived about a week later. I swapped out the old transmission and just shipped back my core in the box he used.

Shipping for me in Texas was just over $100 via UPS ground. Considering the time it would take me to find a reputable local builder in my neck of the woods, it seemed a reasonable price to pay. Now I've got 1000 miles on the new transmission and all is well.

-Jarrett 89 Westy powered by Bostig