Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:42:21 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water Pump
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

hi.. yeah, always break the pulley bolts loose with the belt still on .. the belt many not hold it well enough always ..but it helps and is worth trying first.

after that, I use a square-shafted large screw driver againstabolt head & my socket, as a holder.

scott On 11/22/2012 11:38 AM, neil n wrote: > You guys are scaring me with all this coolant pump talk! (I may R&R > the pump when I do a coolant flush, hose replacement etc. job) > > Thanks for that link Jim. > > Looking at Ben's page.... > > Is there any advantage to leaving the belts on, then cracking the > coolant pump pulley bolts loose? Or will the pulley just slip anyways? > (I suspect it might) > > > > Neil. > > On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Benny has a nice Photo Writeup on this >> >> http://www.benplace.com/water_pump.htm > > > -- > Neil n > > 65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp > > '88 Slate Blue Westy to be named. > > '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > > Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group: > > http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines >