Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:34:04 -0500
From:         Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fuel econmy and VW Camper Family
Comments: To: J B <jbever@EXCITE.COM>

I don't know how much this will help, since I have a bostig conversion...

But I routinely get ~ 15mpg local roads and 19mpg highway miles. I've been told that I'm on the low end of fuel economy and that should be 19mpg - 21mpg.

Even before I made the switch my mileage never got about 19mpg in my 2.1L water cooled.

I'd love to see actual data on the 25mpg people. I hear of them but it seems more like a pipe dream to me.

Cheers, Harry

On 11/23/2012 07:06 PM, J B wrote: > We just got back from our trip to San Jose. Was planning on going to a pre-Thanksgiving meet organized by VWCamperFamily which was close by but unfortunately couldn't make it - maybe next year. > > Anyway, I had a question as to fuel economy and what I should be getting. I have read anywhere from 18-25mpg is normal for the air-cooled campers but the best I can get is in the low 17's. This trip got 14.2 with one tank and that was mostly highway at 55-60mph, and the best only 15.5mpg. (81 air-cooled westy) > > Also updated my blog, please feel free to take a look > http://1981vwcamper.blogspot.com/ >