Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:35:39 -0800
From:         Andrew Martin <ramblinvan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New owner questions-Syncro ownership costs.

A bit to add to Angus' suggestion...

It is a good idea to index the driveshaft flanges and the input/output flanges before removing the driveshaft so it may be reinstalled in the same manner at a later date. A bit of fluorescent paint will work but a couple of dimples with a steel punch on each end may be more permanent/reliable. Heck I'd probably do both.

I'm sure Angus has already done this to prepare for this lovely task in the breakdown lane of I-5 on a dark and rainy PNW day or night. ;-)

Andrew Also on Bainbridge Island!