Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:35:45 -0700
From:         Gene P <olgreywoof@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Time to replace headlight

Patti -

This flurry seems like it might be over, but in all this, no one has addressed the zen factor, so I still have this to add ...

If you are replacing just the 9004 bulb, it's about 11 bucks (AutoZone) or there is a 2-pack for about 20 bucks. Get the 2-pack but DO NOT replace the other bulb -- it could last for years. Instead, put the spare bulb in glove box or under driver seat. This accomplishes two things: First, if the other bulb ever does burn out, you don't have to buy a bulb or remember which one it is. Wherever you are, it's with you. And second, and more likely, if you have the spare bulb, the other light will never burn out. Never! Nine bucks for lifetime insurance.

Grins

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: Time to replace headlight Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:47:56 -0800 From: PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM

Hey, guys, Thanks SOOOO much for all of your information. I always appreciate tips and information. I almost hesitated posting my question, because my knowledge of VW mechanics is virtually nil, although I do have a Bentley.