Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Dec 2012 06:22:54 -0500
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Power steering U-joint

Yes, Power steering U-joint. Anyone have some leads on where we are supposed to get theses ? I have two customers who spend a lot money here keeping their vans in tip-top shape and now they are in need of that pesky power steering U-joint that has gone Unobtainum. So, I see this add over on the Samba: <http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=957480> Anyone have any experience with this ? Sure would be better FOR ME to have a couple on the shelf especially during the Spring, Summer & Fall months. I have tried to have machine shops in the Ottawa area rebuild them, no luck ! I do have a line on two new OEM ones from the Netherlands, supposed to get here by March with a courier friend. Also have another fried working on getting them made in China, well better than not having them. BUT, we need a reliable source for these as they are ALL going to need replacing soon. What are we to do ? And don't tell me the 3D printer story. Shoots out a plastic version which then needs to be copied by a foundry, seen one of those lately ?

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale) Frank Condelli & Associates - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 06 ~ 09, 2013