Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:59:14 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Is it open-cell foam if it doesn't say closed-cell? (heater
              flap material)

go for the most compliant foam you can get. The stock open cell foam works as it is very soft and allows the flaps to close and seal with little effort. I have tried stiffer closed cell foam and it does not work as well as compliant open cell foam. Open cell foam tends to be, all else being equal, softer than closed cell foam.

alistair