Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:44:32 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vangon Sightings
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

dear wandering eyes

a camper society is a great idea -- what with the developments in technology these days i am sure it would not be difficult to keep in touch ... i suggest we start by asking each westie/vanagon owenr we meet to purchase a MoleSkin -- or better yet each of us should carry a supply of them -- then when we meet someone who has a westie/vanagon we could give them a MoleSkin if they do not have one already and then make a point to write down their address and when we get home we also make a point to send them an ICU CARD which would be like a post card -- maybe with a picture of westie on it ...camping somewhere neat (as if we would stop anywhere else) then about once a year of so we could put posters up in laundromats and the local vw parts store -- the posters would invite people to come and gather together around the camp fire in some place really neat and accessible for all ... a place by a bridge might suffice -- or maybe one of those places where i have never been in -- mexico ---

there at the gathering we could hold a sort of organizational meeting and share ICU CARDs as well as have contests for who has the most addresses in their MoleSkin -- and we could also share more addresses from MoleSkin to MoleSkin ... and by actually letting others paw through your MoleSkin they would see the interesting needs you have uncovered and could then say ... oh hey --i see you need a new exhaust system -- i have one of those in my shop ... to keep in touch from time to time we could all start a sort of chain letter that gets forwarded on to the next person on the list ... they would have the duty of sending on each time and so on ... and when that chain letter arrived at your house you would add your little bit ... like what you were doing with your westie/vanagon or maybe you read someone else's little bit and you have stuff to add that would be germane to the discussion ... as the discussions grow over time we could employ a courier service whose job it would be to take the letter from person owner to owner -- they would have to drive a westie/vanagon of course ... i know a guy named Gerry who would be good at it and he is very reliable .. not a YaHoo at all he uses his westie/vanagon currently to serve an infinitely-small-strident community which has doubled back on its self so often it has begun to count knowledge in obscure math terms ...

i wonder if it would be considered some what anti- religious or religionist to call the new group Amish Like with Home ... sort of a mix of Roma and Amish values --

i see it all now ...it could work if we work it ...

watch The Seventh Seal http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050976/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1written and directed by Ingmar Bergman <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000005/>

regards

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497 http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt