Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:39:48 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: reviews of bus depot ezy awning plus

> I looked into that when I was trying to come up with something for my van. > That awning seemed a bit lightweight for the kind of strong winds and storms I > usually see at festivals when I'm camping. I have NO personal experience with it, > so my impressions may be wrong; you are smart to seek the counsel of those who > have used them.

Allow me to reprint my favorite online review of the Ezy-Awning, from a Samba thread... below ... if for the comedic value alone. (Although I do take issue with the "hard to put up" comment. It's a very simple design, basically two horizontal poles held together by an X brace. It takes me less than 10 minutes to put mine up.)

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT

You'll end up like me. You'll think it's a pain in the butt to put up and consider getting something else.

But through six years of vicious hail storms, a collapse from heavy snow, another collapse from rain collecting on one side (and me not paying enough attention,) several instances of serious abuse from severe winds (Moab, Red Rocks, Spanish Peaks,) festival hippies falling into the poles, drunk campers tripping over the lines, near death by being too close to a campfire, missing parts, bent poles, shock springs unwound, and whatever else gets thrown at it,

the damned thing won't die. It is possessed.

It is the awning that NASA astronauts should take into outer space. Navy Seals should use it for protection. It should be a refuge of last resort for hurricanes. We should all crouch underneath one in case of nuclear armageddon. You could put it in a pen with a pissed-off gorilla Samsonite-style and the gorilla would die of a stress-induced coronary before the EZ Awning gave up. It's the awning they used in Kuwait to put the oil fires out during Desert Storm. It is the Chuck Norris, nay, the Keith Richards of awnings.

The army which carries the EZ Awning before it is...invincible.

I never have really liked it, but we are attached for life.

It will probably be used to shade the mourner(s) at my funeral, then be buried with me. And I will still be bitching, from the grave, about what a hassle it is to put up.