Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:17:42 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday: Of Starters and Beautiful Women
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>

Isn't urine slightly acidic ? Poorman's radiator flush perhaps ?

On 12/14/2012 8:30 PM, OlRivrRat wrote: > I think if I would ever need to use Beer as a CoolantSubstitute I > would feel obliged to drink it 1st ~ so as to purify it. > > ORR ~ DeanB > > > On 14 Dec , 2012, at 6:50 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans wrote: > >> Guess you got it running . >> yeah ...try to avoid that .. >> dead electrically and out of gas at the same time. >> >> Beer makes satisfactory emergency coolant btw ..( btdt ) >> might save you some day, sokeep plenty handy ! >> >> >> >> >> On 12/14/2012 5:33 PM, neil n wrote: >>> Heh. >>> >>> Beer was certainly a factor. .... in that it was what caught this >>> woman's attention! ;^) Well that and a nice looking Slate >>> Blue >>> Westy! >>> >>> Well, it's a super busy parking lot with lots of bad distracted >>> drivers. I saw no reason in attempting a bump start at that time. >>> When >>> the tow guy finally showed up, things had died down a little. I told >>> tow truck guy we could bump start it. Hooked up the truck, "bumpity >>> bump" no problem. Well no problem except that I was super LOW on >>> fuel! >>> Then I had to use a screwdriver to open the gas cap (had to keep van >>> running, ignition key opens gas cap) so I could fill it with gas! >>> >>> Oh ya. More irony. That dang NEW remote starter switch is pooched. I >>> had the where-with-all to test it on my DMM before using it. Even >>> tested it using the battery and a known good test light. Nope. No >>> good! >>> >>> A day of irony and strange coincidences! >>> >>> Neil. >>> >>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans >>> <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: >>> >>>> Two people and the 3 of you didn't try to pop start it ? >>>> - so you could get it to a better place to work on it . >>>> the beer is a factor ? >>>> >>>> >>>> On 12/14/2012 4:52 PM, neil n wrote: >>>> >>>> I stand somewhat corrected. >>>> >>>> So I'm stranded at the mall, ..... a small car backs in beside my >>>> spot. A >>>> "normally dressed" but still fetching woman, pops out. ...... Of >>>> further unrelated irony, a musician friend, who I've not seen in >>>> nearly 15 years, happened to walk over at EXACTLY the same time. >>> >