Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:13:33 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: [WetWesties] Local 83 westy looking for a new home (PNW)
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

Can't complain about the price too much , at least.

those dents sure look serious to deal with though. How much extra for the custom rear bumper ?

maybe someone will save it.

S.

On 12/16/2012 4:28 PM, Jim Arnott wrote: > From WetWesties: > > And I have a plug and play complete engine if one wanted to driving it > week after next. > > Jim > > > Begin forwarded message: > >> Subject: [WetWesties] Local 83 westy looking for a new home >> >> This is being posted on a local list. This is not my vehicle, I am >> just the messenger. It seems like a nice project for the right >> party. The owner is leaving town and needs to sell. I've seen some >> pictures of the van and it is in pretty nice shape. Interior is very >> clean. Came from AZ so no rust apparent. >> >> Here is the ad. The van is not currently running and is on Vashon >> Island, WA. >> >>> http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3467114080.html >> >> - Will >> >> My well loved 1983 1/2 VW Westie with a beautifully redone interior >> is looking for a loving new home. >> We started in Arizona together, where her interior was completely >> redone: all the old tired panels replaced with gloss finished custom >> cut birchwood. Her old ick carpets removed and in its place, a new >> parquet floor was laid down. She has custom cut flooring also in the >> front as well. She has the full complement of camping gear that she >> arrived with from the factory. This is one cool ride! >> >> Alas, she has fallen, like so many of us, on hard times. Last year >> her engine faltered, and I was not able to repair it. Now more than >> a year has passed. I am leaving the state. And it seems like a >> complete waste to have her deteriorate into a yard ornament when >> someone else's family can lovingly care for her and bring her back >> to her glory days. >> >> She will need: >> >> Engine repair or possibly replacement. She had poor compression when >> checked on two of her cylinders. >> A new battery. >> A small amount of body work: dent near headlamp pulled out, back >> corner pulled. >> A new set of pop up panels (the cloth surround when camper is raised) >> >> I have over $8,000.00 into her. Complete restoration from her >> present condition would be in the neighborhood of $1500-3,500. >> (Less if you're a mechanic!) >> She has almost new tires (all weather) and is an automatic. >> >> Come and take a look. I have posted a couple of pictures when she >> was just cherry'd out. >> >> Oh, and her name is Creamy. She's pale butter yellow. >> $1800.00 >> Call or text: 206.four-six-three.4602 >