Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Dec 2012 18:27:25 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fire!
Comments: To: Dick Wong <sailingfc@dslextreme.com>

Dear mobile unit

sad day indeed ... i hope your dream ride is salvageable ... and do not worry about what insurance co will do ... it is about what you will do ... get some honest vw experts in on the case before the insurance guy so you understand if you have something savable

regarding fire puter outer ... try ... http://coldfirecanada.com/

your event is a reminder .... almost happening on the third anniversary of the day we did not die ( our own family passover feast ) :) when our T25/T3 California went for a twisty deepsi doodle off the road at wamsutter why-owe-ming ... the good news is manifold ... 1. we both survived with very little to no damage... 2. the T25/T3 California did its job and kept us safe in the roll over... 3. the Vanagon gerry community was very helpful in both moral and other support ... 4. Wavey the wonder cat survived some 40 hours out in the cold... waiting faithfully for us ... and inturn became an international news reel star for the holiday season 5. the inlaws gave me a go westy gift cert for christmas and the envelope had a sad face on it (i kept the envelope ) 6. Lucas --at Gowesty was amazing ... he was very understanding and in many ways visiting there a few weeks after was not unlike a visit to the parish priest for grief counseling 7. Gifts came in the mail from Vanagon Gerry Community (thanks -- you know who you are :) ) 8. did i mention we did not die ... it was just some metal that got wrecked ... some stuff lost ... 9. we were not forced into a life of beign wheel chair bound or any other form of disability other than what i already had

yes a fire is not nice ... woulda shoulda coulda ... what is is more important ... good luck with all the stuff you have to deal with along the way and remember dick ... nothing is ever what it seems ... it may always be better regards

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497 http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt