Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Dec 2012 09:22:54 -0500
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fire!
Comments: To: MICHAEL H <vwdash80@yahoo.com>

Michael ~

The Magnacore wires were coming up on their second year installed. After the fire the insulation was just a white powder. The coil to distributor wire was completely powdered while the dizzy to plug wires less so.

It's no more than a hunch that these were the source of ignition.

John Meeks '91 Vanagon MV Phoenix Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad <http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon-Rescue-Squad74.htm> Android and iOS apps

www.vanagonauts.com