Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:44:35 -0500
From:         Bill M <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheel bearing play (in Baja Sur)
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Scott I mean no disrespect but putting extra grease in the cap just seems like a waste of grease to me. I don't see anyway of that making its way into the bearing. I do dab a little extra over the end of the axle stub and nut just to keep the corrosion away. I have also re-used the front nuts. I try to swap them side to side so the previously preened area lands in a different spot.

Bill M