Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Dec 2012 12:20:32 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Diesel-Vanagon] Re: Diesel Vanagon Exhaust Design
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Good tip Dennis!

If I ran the cat longitudinally, the O2 would be located in my "new" single outlet manifold. (OBD1 Jetta engine)

Image: http://tinyurl.com/cluzaqr

Another mock up image: http://tinyurl.com/ccq7m6e "Add flex" bushing would NOT be installed

My initial concern was heat from cat affecting the tire. Cat would not be directly behind tire. Maybe a mudflap couldn't hurt?

I would be want to install another support (DV Bosal type) between the cat and engine if cat installed as shown. The other solution is a shorter muffler.

Neil.

Neil wrote:

> had been thinking of doing that. Image of my mock up: > > https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sIC-CuoXFrw/UNVnbPyYPXI/AAAAAAAAGas/LYApn > _HMsXk/s720/Cat%2520Mockup.jpg

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines