Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Jan 2013 15:23:47 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rebuilding sink
Comments: To: Jamie Auch <jamie@KOOKYMATHTEACHER.COM>

---- Jamie Auch <jamie@KOOKYMATHTEACHER.COM> wrote: > Can anyone give me their wisdom on rebuilding a sink on an 89 Westy? I need to redo the drain and want to upgrade the faucet. > > Jamie Auch

Best option on the sink drain is to buy the original type parts. Online vendors have them. Next best would be to do what I did, which is to build your own drain from hardware store pvc, making sure to run it to and down the bulkhead, then back to the center under the cabinet floor (in case you haven't discovered that, the floor is removable). In either case, fasten the drain to the bulkhead with a clamp and screws. I would not recommend doing what the previous owner of my camper did, which was to use rubber hose. It is too stiff to make the straight runs and 90 degree turns needed, resulting in pressure on the trap that tends to displace it from its friction fit on the sink, causing it to leak.

-- David McNeely