Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2013 15:39:51 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: windshield fluid reservoir
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

HI Jack, I think that's a little cynical all right. 'mostly' I find that the quality of a companies products is generally fairly consistent across the line of products.. especaily in good products, such as .. Lucas brand oil addtives SeaFoam fuel treatment .. BarsLeak anit-leak treatments. I must have 20 kinds of treatments around... yeah ...Water Wetter ..there's another good one. and so on.

I'm sure they put some of their stuff that makes rain bead off the windshield in theirwasher fluid. I don't expect the washer fluid to work as well as the full strength applied-by-hand stuffdoes.

I do have the advantage of if I try some juice for say 10 bucks... it's always a deductible business expense, and in that sense it's not pure raw money out of pocket.

scott

On 1/7/2013 1:57 PM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > On 01/06/2013 09:40 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans wrote: >> Do you look at automotive products in stores ? >> there's a lot of interesting products out there. > > Of course! But I expect Sturgeon's Law -- that 90% of everything is crap > -- applies to items in the auto supply store and I don't have the $$$ to > buy everything in the store to see which 10% isn't. So I don't pay a lot > of attention. > > There are many, many examples of a company making one good product, then > slapping that name on a plethora of junk products. So it doesn't > automatically follow that just because the original Rain-X is good > stuff, that their follow-up products are particularly good. Call me > cynical but until someone recommends it to me, I figure that there's a > good chance that Rain-X windshield washer fluid is just Windex with a > different dye. > > -- > Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott > 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, > Bend, Ore. > > On 1/6/2013 9:02 PM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > > On 01/06/2013 06:28 PM, Richard A Jones wrote: > >> So just by a bottle of washer fluid that has the Rain-X added. > > > > They make such a thing? > > > > I'm always the last to know. >