Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:51:42 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: windshield fluid reservoir
Comments: To: Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>

---- Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > At 1/7/2013 02:57 PM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > > > Call me cynical but until someone recommends it to me, I figure > > that there's a > >good chance that Rain-X windshield washer fluid is just Windex with a > >different dye. >

The MSDS available online indicate significant differences. Whether they can be accepted as meaning anything is problematic. MSDS published by the manufacturer (Johnson and Johnson) of Windex with Ammonia do not list ammonia as an ingredient, and list water as the only ingredient for Windex Ammonia Free. Yeah, right.

http://www.emedco.info/rtk/common/wcd00008/wcd00801.htm

http://www.scjohnson.com/en/products/msds/msds_united_states.aspx

mcneely

> I'd drive my wife's car sometimes and when it was raining the water > would just slide off, it would have to be raining pretty good for me > to turn the wipers on. I liked it. > I asked her how often she put the rain-x on and she told me she never > does, she just uses the rain-x washer fluid, but she does wash her > windows a lot. > I'd say it works. > > > > Rob > vwrobb@gmail.com

-- David McNeely