Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:31:57 -0700
From:         Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Schematic needed, starter issue, Old school stuff
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>

Taker a look at http://www.oldvolkshome.com/ he has the generic instructions plus a LOT of other great and useful things!

Rob vwrobb@gmail.com

At 1/10/2013 11:24 AM, TJ Hemrick wrote: >All, > Does anyone have a copy of an old Gene Berg Catalog? I need a copy of >the schematic for how to wire the "Starter assist" or what ever name he >used back then. It was nothing more than an old Ford remote starter >solenoid wired to boost the power to the starter on VW's since the current >flow is a long and torturous path designed by the evil and wicked Dr. Bosch >way back in the day. Anyhow, put your flames away and you electronic guys, >sit back down, I don't want you to get all upset and lecture me on how this >or that flows and clean grounds.... I just need a copy of that page from >his old catalog. For the life of me, now that I have time, all the parts, >and some cold frosty beverage, I can't find the damn book! My 87 GL is >parked outside begging me to work on it and I'm tired of looking all over >the shop and the house for that thing... Always something... > >Thanks, > >TJ