Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:28:50 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: F/you think we have problems? Try owning a Porsche 928
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Maybe it's just me, but I believe that no matter how expensive a car is, if you can't find one on the road in 20 year, it's not a great car. I'm not naming names, but think about it the next time you're the road. Look at whats left. Some Mercedes, Datsun B210s, Volvos and Vanagons.

In the early 90s, I restored an MGA as a "daily driver" (along with a new Vanagon Carat I had just bought) but I spent more on the MGA than the Vanagon. I drove the MG again recently, it's worth three times what I sold it for, but it still sucks as a car! The Vanagon was faster.

Jim