Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:24:28 -0800
From:         Don Hundt <donhundt@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - LT195/75R14/D tires - first
              impressions
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

Actually, Dave, In the winter, in Oregon, there are times when chains are required on all vehicles, there are times when chains OR traction tires are required, and there are times when one is just required to carry chains, any tire will suffice. Yes, I agree that if one were to use a non-marked tire as a traction tire, he would be violating the law some of the time. Personally, as adriver with 30 years experience in snow country, including daily drives over a mountain pass, I would not hesitate to use siped BFG's as a winter tire, snowflake or no. Yes, I would be in violation the ~20% of the time the passes require traction tires. I'm not recommending them to you, necessarily, but I would use them myself. You do whatever you wish. Don ----- Original Message ----- From: <mcneely4@cox.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM>; "Don Hundt" <donhundt@gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:07 AM Subject: Re: Re: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - LT195/75R14/D tires - first impressions