Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jan 2013 13:43:47 -0500
From:         Harold Teer <teer.vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Thanks for input on 14" alloy wheels and 195R14 size tires

Thanks to all who responded. It appears the 195R14 works fine and I will probably go with that later this week. If that is what I do, I will then need to determine air pressure for them.

I have found that even though the door placard recommends 43 lbs front and 53 lbs rear for 185R14, the 53 lbs rear is too much for my fully loaded Westy. At 53 lbs rear, the tires tend to wear too much in the middle so I usually run the rears at 50 lbs.

And also thanks for all the other tire recommendations. There are so many different sizes that will fit other than the 185R14 that I had decided to minimize my decision agony this time by staying with the RA08 in either 185 or 195 for the 14" alloy wheels.

However, the BF Goodrich AT T/A T/A KO in LT195/75R14 does sound intriguing and I may agonize over that for a few days.

Thanks everyone,

Harold

-- Harold Teer 1991 Westy Harrisonburg, VA