Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jan 2013 13:15:41 -0800
From:         MICHAEL H <vwdash80@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - LT195/75R14/D tires - first
              impressions

personally, I wave at all enforcement vehicles and I use all of my fingers. seriously though, I want my face recognised at the wheel should worst case scenario ever happen [knock]. minimal effort goodwill = free alternative insurance provision.      mike - not always paranoid        =(:D) ________________________________ From: Don Hundt <donhundt@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:46 PM Subject: Re: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - LT195/75R14/D tires - first impressions Yep, I've found the best plan is to not drive like a moron, slow down, and smile and wave when you drive by the state trooper. Haven't been stopped once in 30 years of driving in severe mountain weather. Don   ----- Original Message -----   From: ralph meyermann   To: Don Hundt   Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com   Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:39 AM   Subject: Re: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - LT195/75R14/D tires - first impressions   the bfg's appearance is the basic snow tire pattern with dog bone shaped blocks instead of the rectangle shape? With their appearance they probably wont even look for the snowflake,but there are those nit picky enforcement types just looking to get ya out there!   Velma 82 na diesel westy   On Jan 8, 2013 12:27 PM, "Don Hundt" <donhundt@gmail.com> wrote:     Actually, Dave,     In the winter, in Oregon, there are times when chains are required on all     vehicles, there are times when chains OR traction tires are required, and     there are times when one is just required to carry chains, any tire will     suffice.     Yes, I agree that if one were to use a non-marked tire as a traction tire,     he would be violating the law some of the time. Personally, as adriver with     30 years experience in snow country, including daily drives over a mountain     pass, I would not hesitate to use siped BFG's as a winter tire, snowflake or     no. Yes, I would be in violation the ~20% of the time the passes require     traction tires. I'm not recommending them to you, necessarily, but I would     use them myself. You do whatever you wish.     Don