Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:54:28 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Zetec Using oil
Comments: To: george jannini <georgejoann@gmail.com>

Ford Forumguys n' gals would not likely know much about vanagons .

are you gonnashare ( brag )about your jetta conversion ? I'm interested in all kinds of vanagon engine conversions.

Scott On 1/19/2013 12:30 PM, george jannini wrote: > > Well sure- folks got every right to make an inquiry here, it's just > that Ford guys are probably more numerous on Ford Forums. > > Now if someone want to come up in here and brag on their conversion, > I say well come on! > > Geo/ATL > Jetta conversion > > > On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans > <scottdaniel@turbovans.com <mailto:scottdaniel@turbovans.com>> wrote: > > I think it's fine to ask about this on this forum.. > as it is very vanagon related. > > One would not expect that engine to use or burn oil with only 24K > miles on it. > Even if it was totally abused .. > Ford stuff can be really rugged and tolerant of abuse, 'sometimes' > for sure. > > I sorta almost suspect one that didn't quite get made at the > factory as well as it should have. > > Consider valve seals....not even sure if they have valve seals. > I suppose one could do a leak down test..that may or maynot > provide useful information. > > You could try oil treatment and a different brand or weight of oil. > whatia running in it ? > > besides....people often talk about how easy and inexpensive it is > to pick up a Zetec used engines .. > like there are all over the place and people get them for 400 > bucks with low miles. > > my hunch as the moment is a lemon engine.. > unless you can find a leaky valve cover gasket or shaft seal .. > > nice to hear about a Zetec.. > I never see them on this list .. > like they are off in some little world of their own. > > scott > > > On 1/19/2013 11:44 AM, george jannini wrote: >> Not to niggle, but why not try a Ztec Forum? >> >> G. >> >> >> On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Jon Durham<jon_durham@knology.net> <mailto:jon_durham@knology.net> wrote: >> >>> Bostig records show the engine they installed in my 85 Vanagon had 24K >>> miles on it. >>> >>> It's using oil. After about 2500 miles I've put in 1 quart. The engine >>> is not leaking oil, no smoke is coming out the exhaust, and the coolant >>> does not have oil in it. >>> >>> Is there a way to determine how the engine is using oil? And id so, what >>> is the fix? >>> -- >>> “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is >>> everything. What we think, we become.” Buddha >>> > >