Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:18:04 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller6@ATT.NET>
Subject:      bURNINGvAN 2013, sorry about the cross posting but...
Comments: To: Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Well,

I almost missed it but I'm told that bURNINGvAN 2013 will take place, same place actually, this Saturday from sometime in the afternoon to whenever people go home.

Ocean Beach San Francisco, CA

Across the Great Highway from the restaurant and the windmill, in the north end of the parking lot for the beach. Look for vans, except if you look for me, don't look for a van as mine isn't not yet ready for prime time. At least not as of 8 PM PST, January 17. Too bad. Very sad story. See me for details unless I don't show up which is pretty likely.

But everyone else will show up! Really. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is slated for a beach performance, they'll have no problem if it's cold. Canadian Brass should be there as well as it will be a balmy day compared to what they're used to. The Alaskan National Guard is on tap to provide security, you know, control the paparazzi, prevent people from stealing our, or rather your, vans for the ransom and the like. The entire population of the Yukon is also coming, mostly to bask in the warmth. The only question is: Are you coming? Hey, Woltz, Mourkas, Stephen, Cane rattler, you coming down to freez, uh enjoy the cool air with the rest of us, uh...them?

I have half an engine case to burn but that probably won't happen as I've been told the smoke is toxic, and if you try and roast marshmallows over the flames it almost always turns out badly. Oh, yeah, and it's illegal too.

Please send your entry fees to me as BenT would just abscound with them as usual