Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:36:52 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      camper (kitchen) water pump

It being unusually warm for the dates, when wife and I camped this weekend at our Arbuckle Secret Spot for my birthday, we filled up the water and planned to use the sink. After a few uses, the water stopped flowing. I knew things hadn't frozen up, as the temperature was in the forties F (and never got under 35 for the three days we were there). But, the water will not flow. Kitchen fuses are ok.

Where do I start? Connectors at tank, and at faucet seem intact. I guess I get out my multi-meter and start checking for continuity and check the pump to see if it works. The failure was sudden. One time it worked, next time my wife turned the faucet handle, it did not come on, and water never flowed from the tap again.

Oh, we were rewarded on our trip with a beautiful Gray Fox posing about 80 yards away. Made the whole weekend more enjoyable just to have seen it. -- David McNeely