Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:41:23 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Noisy Valve lifters
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

That’s the old school method, right off the instructions of the can, at least in those days. It’s a light solvent oil, and will get past the rings more than motor oil (supposedly cleaning the oil sweep rings too). I just want to be sure people check their oil every 500 mi if they do this, it usually lasted 2000 miles before it was half a quart low.

Stuart

From: Scott Daniel - Turbovans [mailto:scottdaniel@turbovans.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:03 PM To: Stuart MacMillan Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Noisy Valve lifters

That sounds like a lot of Marvel Mystery Oil to me..a whole qt. I don't think I ever use over 1/3 of a qt max as a treatment. I can't remember the last time I saw an engine use a qt of oil in 500 miles. I'm not driving 2,000 miles a month either though.