Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:14:14 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: parts source
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>

Yeah I got there that way., then I got to the page in the link below. Iclicked on 'new vanagon parts' because that was the only vanagon thing in the clutter on the first page. 'normally' .in the normal world, 'new vanagon parts' likely would mean Parts that fit vanagons that are new additions to the available inventory. And not where I would expect to go for say, brake shoesfor a vanagon. So ..misleading right there...or I would even say 'hidden.' But then that's the norm the days mostly, apparently.

I'm sure you are familiar with Van Cafe's layout. If not study it - cause it's nigh PERFECT . I suggest.

I see ...'limited in being able to make it better than it is. ' In that case I suppose you're doing pretty well. Sorry you don't have a better system to work with.

I'm not attacking , and I would have to say the system seems haphazard and clutterd, and not immediately apparent how it works. I'm gald you have new vanagon parts ..now where are all the regular vanagon parts? If it said 'New Vanagon Parts SECTION' ..for example...that would make sense.

Surely you know that commonly 'new' , if doesn't mean 'other than used' ... means 'New Items in our Inventory.' if you say New Section ....that makes total sense, as in New Vanagon Parts Section.

Van Cafe's system is the bset one I've seen anywhere, by far. Super easyto use, very clear etc. fwiw, I buy vanagon parts constantly , owing 9 vanagons at least, and workingfull time on otherones full time.

Nice to see your note. Scott

On 2/7/2013 3:36 PM, Old Volks Home wrote: > On the main airheadparts.com web page, in the upper corner in a blue > box is a link called called New Vanagon Parts. Click on it and it > takes you to a "Vanagon Only" dedicated page. Even better, here's the > link for it: > > http://www.airheadparts.com/vanagon/ > > Granted, it doesn't break it down by the year, but there are > subsections for the various parts areas. Due to the constraints of > the database layout and the web program Airhead uses, I am limited > regarding laying it out better than it is, but it works quite well and > in the end I have gotten compliments regarding what I can do and show. > AKA working with the "system" as best as I can..... > > The boss has been saying for years a new system will be introduced, > but we aren't holding our breath for that ;) > >