Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:25:19 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: of mice and mirrors
Comments: To: Dake Collins <wuwe423@YAHOO.COM>

It's always asking for trouble to take a care through one of those car washes. People have even gotten their cars thrashed up by a chrome stip stuck in one of those big brushes. or antennas torn off, etc.

her is my latest mirror-fixing trick. take the mirror of the van. remove that 10mm nut andspring . take it apart so you have that hemisphere metal piece in your hands.. coat both the inside and outside with Permatex High Tack gasket sealer or equivilant . - sticky but never hardens all the way.

but it back together, tighten the 10mm nut as tight as you dare. Install, adjust, and enjoy. Even mirros brand new out of the box they need this upgrade.

scott www.turbovans.com

On 2/1/2013 3:20 PM, Dake Collins wrote: > Last week I visited the local glass shop, all went well and for $16 they replaced the mirror that vandals had broken on a recent trip to NYC. Wu-Wei was so dirty I decide to treat her to a ride through the car wash. All did not go well - as we were sitting quietly on the ride through the car wash I noticed a mouse hop out from under the dash and run across my foot. I guess he/she didn't appreciate the noise. Now I have to figure out how to get rid if my resident rodent - any ideas? The rest of the story - the mirror; ugh. The mirror is now droopy! Any suggestions on how to tighten up the ball and socket joint so the mirror stands up proud and effective as it once was? > > Thanks, Dake 'Ian' Collins > > Wu-Wei '84 Westy >