Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:58:55 -0500
From:         Pete O <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fire Up Your Vanagon For Buses By The Beach Bus BRRR!

2013 9th Annual Bus BRRR at Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana!

February 24-25th, 2013

This fund raising charity event is hosted by Buses By the Beach. ( www.busesbythebeach. <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/>org) Bus BRRR is definitely for the *true*camping enthusiast and a great use of a VW Bus! Temperatures can and have dipped below zero at night. This doesn't stop the VW Bus diehards from coming out. This one night camp out is held on the last Saturday in February each year at Beautiful Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana. Each site includes an electric hook-up so you can keep warm with an electric heater

This year, our Bus BRRR Staff will once again be cooking up ginormous pots of authentic and delicious *Irish Stew*! (*We will have both Beef and Veggie versions!*) So, Leave those Crockpots at home and hit some Beef or Veggie Irish Stew for a good cause! Your $20.00 per bus donation will include as much Jambalaya as you can eat, hot cider and help pay the park for firewood for the bonfire. Each dollar we raise is donated to our favorite charity, thePhoenix Society for Burn Survivors. (http://www.phoenix-society.org/)<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tleBGBSSPRmTes72xMf_aCFd1DhS2APSmNptNf3Qenk/edit?hl=en>

It is always nice to come back from the Toboggan Runs and warm up next to the giant Bonfire after spending some time on the 35-40mph (faster than your average bus) dual refrigerated 1,780 ft. toboggan runs. Always lots of great Volks, music, conversation. Irish Stew, hot cider and fun! All while supporting The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. This may be your year to win the "Kozy as a Baked Potato" Award for the warmest looking bus! * * What you can expect at Bus BRRR:

Hot all-you-can-eat Beef or Veggie Irish Stew Hot Cider See old friends and make new ones! Dual Refrigerated Toboggan Runs Cool temperatures and a Roaring Bonfire The famous Potawatomi Inn Brunch Sunday morning. Clean, heated restrooms very near campsite (Campground #3) Each site includes electric hook-ups

Some Costs Involved:

- All-you-can-eat Irish stew (Beef and Veggie!), Hot Cider and Firewood: $20.00 per Bus - Park Entrance Fee: $5.00 Resident and $7.00 Non-Resident - Camping Fee (Includes Electric Hookup and Warm Bathrooms!): $17.34 per night - Toboggan Rental Fee: $10.00 per hour (Toboggan will fit 4 Volks) Cool Toboggan Video here: www.tobogganrun.com - Sunday Brunch at the Potawatomi Inn. $13.95 for adults – children ages 4-10 - $.1.00 times their age

Some helpful tips: Be sure to bring warm clothing for day and night. A 1200 watt heater (ceramic is best!) of some sort for the cold nights. Some of our attendees have fashioned or purchased Mylar or something similar for insulating the pop top canvas. This definitely helps to keep the heat in. We have camped at every Bus BRRR and have been warm in the bus with an electric heater down to -5 below. Almanac.com is predicting late February to be "Seasonal" or about the average of 25 degrees. You may consider bringing some snow pants or suit if you plan on using the toboggan run. The park is really beautiful under a light snowfall with buses parked here and there. Alcohol is permitted at the park at this time of year, but obnoxious drunks are never welcome. Due to the Emerald Ash Borer please leave your firewood at home. We'll have plenty to keep the fire roaring. If you have any questions about Bus BRRR please email me at pnoceanwesty@gmail.com<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tleBGBSSPRmTes72xMf_aCFd1DhS2APSmNptNf3Qenk/edit?hl=en> .