Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:41:02 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Was fuel leak? Now: appropriate route for fuel lines
Comments: To: T Collins <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>

I generally look at a fully assembled waterboxer engine when I'm putting fuel hoses back on an engine. on the right side ..on top of the intake runners seems normal.

I just looked at a stock pretty original engine.. the hoses for the forward cylinders, 1 & 3 ...go on top of the intake runners to the fuel pressure regulatorup top there. the hoses for the aft two cylinders, 2 & 4 .. from the triple T by the distributor .. they go sorta "under and around" .. that is stock/original. like behind the alternator on the right side ..and around the PS bracket if there is one. behind the AC mounting bracket on the left side, if there is one.

scott

On 2/2/2013 12:23 PM, T Collins wrote: > I figure I separate this from the previous tread since I think the question > I'm asking has morphed far to much from what the op was asking. > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: *T Collins* > Date: Friday, February 1, 2013 > Subject: Does this look like a fuel leak? > To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> > Cc: "vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com" <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> > > > So here is my question for all of you that have fully replaced the fuel > lines. How did you all arrange the lines after you replace them? > > With the exception of the plastic fire starter joint delete I ran > everything in the stock area. I always found it odd how the T fitting sat > there next to the dizzy. > > In reading what Scott mentions I'm going to re route the hose that I have > grommet protected (grommet on fire wall) and insulated again with an outer > hose and just running that above and along the bell housing but what about > the 2 hoses from the T fitting to the fuel rails? I followed VW's path and > I often questioned that under the intake runners thing. Anyone else? > > Thanks > Tony > >> >>